[lbo-talk] INTELLIGENCE

Gary? sladeg at verizon.net
Wed Jul 28 11:30:00 PDT 2004

there is a lie circulating that is being accepted as fact by the very lack of rebuttal. Not all intelligence accepted the idea of danger from WMD. There were resignations on both sides of the Atlantic protesting the flimsy evidence. Why else did Colin Powell have to make a presentation to the UN, because of the widespread lack of support. Blix at that time is quoted as saying the inspectors had asked and been given coordinates of supposed arms sites that had drawn a blank. The British Intelligence report was ridiculed for plagiarism of a student thesis. Israeli intelligence was suspect being a little less than objective. I keep hearing this 'the president was mis-informed' bullshit but when it is recounted I don't hear any opposition.

one example -Robin Cook's resignation speech: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/2859431.stm

Gary? ride si sapis