[lbo-talk] Passion of Lila Lipscomb

R rhisiart at charter.net
Wed Jul 28 12:09:23 PDT 2004

At 06:33 AM 7/28/2004, you wrote:
> > mike moore, with his man of the people approach and sincere populism,
> > doesn't make this mistake. hence, he recruits people like ms lipscomb by
> > taking their side. the liberal/left has a lot to learn.

>I love it when elite commentators pretend to be appalled on behalf of
>Lila -- that she's being "exploited" by the wily Moore. 'Course, they would
>have nothing to do with Lila in real life, assuming they could ever approach
>an actual working person without holding their noses.

they are not only arrogant snobs but are afraid of working people. just about the only thing anyone can count on these "elites" for is not telling the truth.

similar fears coupled with an unwillingness to listen on the part of most politically oriented "middle class" people result in the "middle class" giving up on working people (and vice versa), and loosing their support.

>This includes my ex-pal Hitchens, who has made some of the fouler noises in
>this regard. As he informed me in our recent (and presumably final)
>exchange, Beltway-hating populists like Moore and Lila (and me) are
>effectively pro-jihad, so fuck us all.
>
>Done, dear boy.
>
>DP

hitch is really digging himself a hole he can't get out of. next we know, he'll be dating dennis miller, who's really opted for a fantasy world.