[lbo-talk] O'Reilly v. Moore - 2

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Wed Jul 28 12:54:23 PDT 2004

Here's another thing: people NEED this sort of thing....As the pople in my research said, it's a form of "talking back"...They needed it to feel empowered, like they were part of something bigger than themselves. ...People like Lila Lipscomb listen to people like Michale Moore. Remember what I said about Lila's inarticulateness at the end of F9/11? She's just finding her voice. She needs to hear people speak out and engage with the O'Reilly's of the world so she can learn how... Kelley

---------

Yep. Exactly. Speech is social and socialize and you don't creat it out of your own imagination---you find it (and yourself) in others by watching and doing. Monkey see, monkey do... How else do we become human?

Anyway, I caught just the last couple of minutes last night of Moore and Kopple re-performing this same script. Kopple lost.

Moore got this way by arguing his brains out with ordinary mostly righwing working class jerks who will pull any trick they can think of to win an argument. Their pre-encoded, pre-digested, propagandistic, programmatic crapolla is all directly hard wired to their dick, so you gotta go after their dick like you mean it. All very manly stuff. You get well honed after months and months, year after year of bashing against this shit.

Librules means dickless tree hugger queers scared of their own shadow. Manliness is righwing. Manliness is tough all American hard ball Right. Manliness is brutalizing the caring soul and enjoying it.

Sooo, you hit them where it hurts, right in their Manliness. Their dick, their guns, their trucks, their dumpy wives, their shitty jobs, their bratty kids, their nowhere opinions about Tough American Manliness. It's all a load of crap, and they know it somewhere down there in the back of their pea brain somewhere. This is why Moore's intuitive media politics of bashing the working class over the head works. Wake up assholes! Your life sucks, your bosses are screwing you, your kids are killing each other, and we're at war with the world for no reason...

Moore hits these working class soft spots in the All American Manly crouch over and over: Roger and Me (work), Bowling in Columbine (guns), and Fahrenheit 9/11 (war).

Hopefully enough people do wake up. Hey, that all american manly crap was killing me. Gee, maybe all those guys who said so were right...

``...The picture has two levels of unreality and extremism. On the soft level, the level of naive youth, lefties are depicted as weak, fumbling hippies, tree huggers, unrealistic and dreamlike. You picture a thin and winsome girl, circa 1969, dancing in a park. Her arms outstretched, she slowly twirls while someone off camera plays a sitar. How can she deal with the rigors of global finance or the terrors of international jihad?..'' dwayne

Yeah, as our governor says, Girly Men. So, what Moore does is present himself---a big ugly unshaven guy who looks like he could take an NFL body slam and not flinch.

Here's a little real life thing that happened yesterday. I got ready go to for a bike ride and put on my bike shorts. These are the usual black tight things---that say to the working class construction crew: HI, I AM QUEER. So, as I rounded the corner on my way to the car, guess who was standing around their pick-up trucks on a lunch break? Well, our all American white construction guys and their Mexican side kicks. Here's left Chuckie prancing by in his faggoty bike tights.

...you look them straight in the eye and nod hello. Hey guys...

and they nodded back whether they liked it or not.

``...Kerry's "girlie pitch," as some are calling it...'' Doug (repost)

Yep. Same fucking thing. I saw that pitch and thought jesus Kerry, come on. Put some dick in it.

CG