[lbo-talk] Zzzzzzzzz.....

Brad Mayer Bradley.Mayer at Sun.COM
Thu Jul 29 13:27:04 PDT 2004

(Yawn)....so is the quadrennial meeting of the CPUSA in Boston over with yet? I think that is enough of a break from politics, thank you.

There really isn't a Dimes Worth of Difference where it counts, it turns out. Now, if I am correct and the problems of US foreign policy are indeed the central problen facing the USA both domestically and internationally, rather than "just another issue" to be furthermore subordinated to domestic concerns, then expect no change from Bush in a Kerry Administration, and in some areas expect worse. If I am right, then as US foriegn policy goes, so goes US global power and as US global power goes, so goes the US economy - and you get the rest.

Kerry will find himself trapped in the Box That Bush Built. Against what the Left thinks both in Europe and in the USA, that Box was built for a reason, in response to real problems and concerns on the part of this sector of US imperialism. It is the system that is insane, extreme and fanatical, not the individual.

Here is one place where Kerry could be a Greater Evil:

"With Kerry in the White House, allies in Europe might find themselves under heavy pressure to match multilateral rhetoric with money and troops, he said."

"'Kerry people have indicated that if they become more multi-lateral, the quid pro quo would be that we can't sit on the sidelines and criticise. They're talking about military overstretch, they're going to be looking for contributions from us, and from France and Germany.'"

Kerry 'will not change foreign policy' By David Rennie in Boston /(Filed: 29/07/2004) /

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/07/29/wus129.xml&sSheet=/news/2004/07/29/ixnewstop.html