[lbo-talk] The Matrix, I presume?

Jeffrey Fisher jfisher at igc.org
Thu Jul 29 15:36:55 PDT 2004

On Jul 29, 2004, at 5:21 PM, Joseph Wanzala wrote:

> And so, from 2001's HAL to Darth Vader to "chipped" assassins, we’ve
> had a series of fictional reminders that the battle between what is
> cold and hard and inhuman perpetually rages against what is human and
> loving and kind. And, of course, it’s naive to think that the fight
> begins and ends with what’s up there on the screen.

how can this graph not include a reference to "blade runner", even more than to "2001"? hm, perhaps because the humans in that movie turn out to be more cold, hard, and inhuman than the machines: "more human than human, that's our motto". of course, even HAL in 2001 just wants to live.

daisy, daisy, give me your answer, do . . .