[lbo-talk] Re: Sexuality Under Seige or So What Else is Bew?

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jul 30 07:23:52 PDT 2004

Dear List:

Carl writes:

> No, the fact that's THK is a billionaire trumps everything else. . .
That bearded 19th century German guy what's-his-name went on and on about how material status is the ultimate arbiter of personal interests, and I tend to agree with him.

Why? Marx set up a hierarchy over 100 years ago after analyzing a culture different from the one that now exists.

Why is this hierarchy still correct? Further, is hierarchical thinking still correct?

Isn't part of progressive politics the overcoming of hierachical thinking and arrangements? Or are leftists content now merely to hope that they can replace the current hierarchy with their own, which while still useless, will at least be of their own making.

> I think all billionaires, whatever their exalted professions of solidarity
with the people, are full of shit, be they females like THK or males like the "leftist" Lord Bountiful, George Soros.

So, since Carl thinks billionaires are full of shit (an opinion based on the writings of a long dead theoretician), the experiences of other people based on interactrion with LIVING human beings are to be discredited since these experience/reactions/responses do not conform to theory.

Any wonder the left is in the crapper?

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister