[lbo-talk] It *is* about oil, after all

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Fri Jul 30 08:45:13 PDT 2004

OBL Wants O-I-L The war on terror isn't about ideas. By Lee Smith

<http://slate.com/id/2104513/>

I don't know who this Smith guy is, but he seems to be advertising for a job in the Kerry administration, replacing the now discredited neocons. His idea is that OBL and AQ are not interested in an "war of ideas," but in a war to control Saudi oil and thus bring the West to its knees. Could this be the next step in the progression of the right's ideology? Drop all the pretense about "bringing democracy" and admit frankly that it's about keeping Our Oil in our hands and out of the hands of those sand-n***rs.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ When I was a little boy, I had but a little wit, 'Tis a long time ago, and I have no more yet; Nor ever ever shall, until that I die, For the longer I live the more fool am I. -- Wit and Mirth, an Antidote against Melancholy (1684)