[lbo-talk] Barack Obama

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 30 11:25:53 PDT 2004

He's awesome, I can't recall when I could say that about a Democrat, including Wellstone. His politics are solidly progressive. He's black and has an African name and he somehow connects with conservative white voters in downstate Illinois. He's the best thing to happen to the DP since Franklin Roosevelt. He'll have to compromise in the Senate, but it's hard to imagine him selling out. And the new standard bearer of the DP is not a Clintonian New Democrat, not a DNC Republican Lite, but a solid genuinely liberal man of astounding political gifts. They're not treating him like Jesse Jackson, who have they to put up with, they're treating him like he might be president. Wouldn't that be a kick? Yes, I'm starstruck. No, I'm not crazy. I know he's not One Of Us. But One Of Us has no chance in the foreseeeable future. And Obama is a great big step in the right direction, don't you think? jks

Gary? <sladeg at verizon.net> wrote:he is energetic and can communicate, he has enthusiasm, now fuck off with the racist clap trap. Once again we have this interminable analysis.