[lbo-talk] Sexuality Under Seige or So What Else is New?

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 30 11:30:28 PDT 2004

Yes. Sorry. This is what lawyers do. That is part of the reason everyone hates us. Our own traditions are unusually complicated because of the interplay of the Constitution and the statutes, and the state legislatures and Congress. But you won't find the law in France of Germany to be transparant. And common law in England, they still cite statutes from the time of Eliz. I. Also, in the first para, I should have said that Griswold involved state regulation of sales of contraceptives, not sex toys, My bad. jks

Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:Are other national legal traditions this inbred and scholastic? - Doug