[lbo-talk] "These anarchist kids are not who you think they are

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Fri Jul 30 11:40:32 PDT 2004

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Chuck0 wrote:
>
>> I'll bet that the protests at the 2008 DNC convention will be hot
>> after the Democrats screw up this year and hand re-election to Bush.

> Huh? I thought you were saying Bush was going to lose.
>
> Doug

That's what I thought, but indicators this month are pointing to a Bush win in November. Kerry's speech last night showed some of the populist fire that could help him win, but I think the DLC will water done his rhetoric during the campaign. The DLC startegy of waiting for Bush to screw up isn't going to work. That strategy didn't elect Mondale in 1984.

McGovern-Mondale-Dukakis-Kerry. Can the Democratic Party be more of a joke?

Chuck