[lbo-talk] A Message to the Grassroots Greens

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 30 14:27:25 PDT 2004

"Digest for TheBlackList at topica.com, issue 1933" http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&th=db374b616c2574e4&rnum=1 Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 01:55:00 -0400 From: mitchelcohen at mindspring.com Subject: COINTELPRO Phone Calls Targets NY Greens

Dear folks, Apparently, the death threats received over email by GPUSA national leadership is only the tip of the COINTELPRO-Mossad iceberg.

Robert Gold has received calls at midnight 2 nights in a row. The first

from a woman purporting to be from the Black United Front saying "I heard that you Greens don't want Black people in leadership." Robert tried talking with her a little and offered to call her back the next day, but she refused to leave name or number.

The second call, by someone saying "My name is Jimmy Mitchell from the Staten Island Greens," told Robert only that "Paul Gilman is an FBI snitch. We saw him talking to the FBI." He then hung up before Robert could question him.

I checked with the Staten Island Greens just to make sure. They never heard of Jimmy Mitchell. I told Robert he should have interrupted him and asked him: "Is Mitchell with one "L" or two?" and "Is that James, or Jimmy? From 63rd street?" In other words, if you can think fast enough, fire tiny little questions at them when they call. Our guess is that they went down the numbers listed as contacts either in G newspaper or on the website.

Paul Gilman says that the Flushing Queens Greens office also had suspicious calls, with folks trying to set them up as drug dealers to underage kids.

The point: Be on yer toes. So long as these tactics remain only words they cannot hurt us if we realize that they are trying to set people up against each other, make people suspicious, put "snitch jackets" on each other, etc. I recommend a great little book that explains how all of this works, by Brian Glick called "The War at Home" by SouthEnd Press. More groups got destroyed not by actual agents in them, but by everyone blaming everyone else for being an agent, or trying to guess who it is. Don't fall for it.

And, watch what you say. Don't don't don't don't make threats, or -- regardless of your beliefs -- don't say anything that can be taken as endorsement of violence against individuals in government. I'm not saying what to THINK, I'm saying what not to SAY.

- Mitchel Cohen -- Michael Pugliese