[lbo-talk] "I Had an Abortion"

Liza Featherstone lfeather at panix.com
Fri Jul 30 15:47:50 PDT 2004

Well, I'm guessing that Mr-Gary-with-a-question-mark thinks that not wanting to have a child is a "self-indulgent" reason to have an abortion. The persistence of attitudes like this is precisely why what Yoshie wrote is so important. Because in fact, not wanting to have a child is an excellent reason. To suggest that somehow it's OK to have an abortion for "economic" reasons and not for reasons of desire, to me is like saying that slavery would be OK if all the slaves had health care and balanced meals and slept in nice warm beds.

Liza