[lbo-talk] "I Had an Abortion"

suzume at mx82.tiki.ne.jp suzume at mx82.tiki.ne.jp
Fri Jul 30 23:00:44 PDT 2004

On 31 juil. 04, at 12:05, Jordan Hayes wrote:

>> I feel very strongly that most male discourse in that field
>> is extremely irrelevant.
>
> Then shut the hell up about it in mixed company already.

??? do i have to attach a picture of my genitals to the mail so that what i write makes sense ?

i mean that since males (including me) don't have this capacity to generate life, what they say on the issue is basically extremely removed from anything that would make sense to a female. unless the female has been so conditioned as to accept that this part of herself does not belong to her (which is the case in what, most of the world ? but, i think we agree on that, is not a satisfactory situation.)

gary? just wrote that "I think there should be a bloody good reason for abortion", well it just happens that all abortions have a "bloody" reason: producers have the right to choose whether they produce or not, they should not be slaves to a system that alienates their own body. it _is_ their blood that we are talking about.

and it is not about enjoying sex or not with or without responsibility. as gary? puts it. it seems to me that the one who have the hardest time connecting sex and reproduction are the males, not the females. responsibility is definitely on their side, just like choice is on the other's.

now, the day we'll have reasonably equivalent contraception means without secondary effect and all the proper sexual eduction, gender awareness etc we'll be able to talk about "abortion" in vastly different terms. right now there are no options. responsibility is on the male side, choice is on the female side.

Jean-Christophe Helary