[lbo-talk] Re: abortion

frank scott frank at marin.cc.ca.us
Sat Jul 31 03:46:44 PDT 2004

"I think there should be a bloody good reason for abortion."

not wanting to have a child is damned good reason, whether bloody or not...

under biblical rules, or according to ancient history, becoming pregnant was an act of god-nature-mystery, and humans had no choice in the matter...but now people can decide whether to have a child or not, and practicing birth control is not a flawless process..so abortion is a last resort...

women don't have abortions lightly, but some men seem to think it is an almost irresponsible choice, carried out on some free-sex whim...bull-fucking shit!

women who abort do so because they are faced with an either-or, lesser evil choice that's even worse than the one we get on election day: have a child that is not wanted and was never the point of having sex, or have an abortion...the second is the lesser evil, to many women, and until we develop perfect, mistake free birth control, it will continue to be the only way out of a bad situation...

fs