[lbo-talk] Wal-Mart opens first store in Guizhou

DeborahSRogers debburz at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 1 06:18:04 PDT 2004

> Wal-Mart has built ties with 15,000 Chinese suppliers. Nearly 95
> percent of
> products sold by Wal-Mart were purchased in China.

Question: Are they saying that 95% of what Wal-mart sells in China is purchased in China? Or 95% of what Wal-mart sells anywhere is purchased in China? And is the distinction being made between "purchased in" and "manufactured in"? Just curious.

- Deborah

===== " How come people always flip and think they're Jesus? Why not Buddha? Particularly in America, where more people resemble Buddha than Jesus. 'Ah'm BUDDHA!' 'You're Bubba!' 'Ah'm Buddha now..All I gotta do is change 3 letters on ma belt...' " - Bill Hicks