[lbo-talk] The Return of the Draft

Stannard67 at aol.com Stannard67 at aol.com
Wed Jun 2 12:01:32 PDT 2004

In a message dated 6/2/2004 12:40:05 PM Mountain Daylight Time, jwanzala at hotmail.com writes: so is it your position that there definitely will not be a military draft? if so, what do you base your conclusion on? Seems to me that trying to assess the likelihood of a draft and the likelihood of heigtened military activity in the Middle East is more important than a sophistic characterization of Levich's reasoning. It is not my position that there won't be a military draft. There may very well be. Levich doesn't engage any of the reasons put forward by others why there won't be, though, so my pointing out that his article begs the question is more than a sophistic characterization. It reflects my judgment that hyperbolic reasoning gets us nowhere.

stannard -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20040602/5897a174/attachment.htm>