[lbo-talk] Punk Pioneer PD Oedipus Leaves WBCN Boston

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 3 12:41:56 PDT 2004

Mike Larkin wrote:

"Well, he did almost break Mission of Burma and pushed other Boston bands really hard. The fact that a commercial station was trying to do this helped make the scene so lively. Famous for his remark, 'I'll play the [bleeping] Grateful Dead if that's what it takes to break The Clash.' Cool leftie guy."

You may already know this, but there's a good compilation from that era of Boston punk bands: "This is Boston, Not L.A." Features Jerry's Kids, The Proletariat [songs featured include "Voodoo Economics" and "Religion is the Opium of the Masses"], as well as Gang Green, the FU's, and the Groinoids.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000005AAM/qid=1086291489/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_3/104-1012887-3577555?v=glance&s=music

2 used copies for sale at amazon. I have a copy myself!