[lbo-talk] his teflon doesn't stink

R rhisiart at charter.net
Sat Jun 5 21:10:49 PDT 2004

Washington could not tell a lie; Nixon could not tell the truth; Reagan cannot tell the difference. - Mort Sahl, on Ronald Reagan

He's proof that there's life after death. - Mort Sahl on Ronald Reagan

We've got the kind of President who thinks that arms control means some kind of deodorant. - Pat Schroeder, on Ronald Reagan

A triumph of the embalmers art. - Gore Vidal, on Ronald Reagan

In a disastrous fire in President Reagan's library both books were destroyed. And the real tragedy is that he hadn't finished coloring one. - Jonathan Hunt, on Ronald Reagan

In the heat of a political lifetime, he innocently squirrels away tidbits of misinformation and then, sometimes years later, casually drops them into his public discourse, like gumballs in a quiche. - Lucy Howard, on Ronald Reagan

People say satire is dead. It's not dead; it's alive and living in the White House. He makes a Macy's Thanksgiving Day float look ridiculous. I think he's slowly but surely regressing into movies again. In his mind he's looking at dailies, playing dailies over and over. - Robin Williams, on Ronald Reagan

He doesn't die his hair - he's just prematurely orange. - Gerald Ford, on Ronald Reagan

He doesn't die his hair, he bleaches his face. - Johnny Carson, on Ronald Reagan

I believe that Ronald Reagan will someday make this country what it once was... an arctic wilderness. - Steve Martin, on Ronald Reagan

I think Nancy does most of his talking; you'll notice that she never drinks water when Ronnie speaks. - Robin Williams, on Ronald Reagan

I hear Reagan sleeps a lot; I think its good that we have a sleeping President - the more he sleeps, the safer we are. - Arlo Guthrie, on Ronald Reagan

The youthful sparkle in his eyes is caused by his contact lenses, which he keeps highly polished. - Sheila Graham, on Ronald Reagan

I know for a fact that Mr Reagan is not clear about the difference between the Medici and the Gucci. He knows that Nancy wears one. - Gore Vidal, on Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan couldn't be here tonight, he's posing for the cover of 'Guns and Ammo'. - Johnny Carson, on Ronald Reagan