[lbo-talk] Re:reagan

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Sun Jun 6 07:59:49 PDT 2004

I don't see the death of Reagan as a victory of any kind. At his age, with progressive Alzheimer's, it was somewhat surprising that he lasted as long as he did. But he was bound to die around this time anyway.

His legacy, unfortunately, lives on. The majority of Americans, I venture to say, still see nothing wrong with his policies or ideas, and still admire him (genuinely, not just in the "de mortuis nil nisi bonum" -- "say nothing bad about the dead" -- sense). The Republican Party, which he contributed mightily to making into the enormous political force it is today, is still kicking sand on the 97-point Left weakling.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ Had I been present at the Creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better ordering of the universe. -- Attr. to Alfonso the Wise, King of Castile