[lbo-talk] Re: New Statesman - Saddam's very own party

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Sun Jun 6 10:48:45 PDT 2004

On Sunday, June 6, 2004, at 11:36 AM, Brian Charles Dauth wrote:

>> So "freedom" is doing whatever you want, when you want. Damn the
> consequences.
>
> No, that is not what I said. You always seems to trip on this point.

This is a good example of what makes a lot of political arguments a waste of time. Speaker A says X. Speaker B takes X to a ridiculous extreme, which hardly anyone would defend. Speaker A protests that that is not what she/he said. Speaker B refuses to correct her/himself or apologize. The communication breaks down.

A pure waste of time.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ When I was a little boy, I had but a little wit, 'Tis a long time ago, and I have no more yet; Nor ever ever shall, until that I die, For the longer I live the more fool am I. -- Wit and Mirth, an Antidote against Melancholy (1684)