[lbo-talk] strap on the barf bag: DLC on RR

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Mon Jun 7 12:02:35 PDT 2004

After reading this, I am truly embarrassed and ashamed I ever called myself a Democrat. I never will again.   Peter

WS: Why? The argument in that piece boils down to "Reagan was brought to history on the wave of larger political forces rather than his own accomplishments." Which is essentially true and puts a new meaning to the word "louse" - he was a louse who entered history on the hair of other people - both those whom he attacked and those who behind the scene were making decisions which he communicated to the American people.

That seems quite an appropriate commentary on the death of a political opponent. Spitting invectives would be uncivilized, albeit perfectly in line with the gutter conservatism that Reagan "revolution" brought to the fore.

Wojtek