[lbo-talk] Howard Kurtz is on crack

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Mon Jun 7 13:52:01 PDT 2004

> I've always hated the Washington Post for being the primary organ of the
> U.S. government. The above paragraph just boggles the mind. Has Kurtz
> ever heard of the "Teflon president"?

> Chuck0

Or has he read "On Bended Knee," Mark Hertsgaard's wonderful book about the press & Reagan? The Reagan gang hated the press, but the major outlets bent over backwards not to offend the genial king. I remember this sickening display in real time, having to watch the nightly newscasts as part of my job. I think that's when I got a taste for Gilbey's . . .

DP