[lbo-talk] Re: class confusion?

paul childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Mon Jun 7 15:15:23 PDT 2004

>"...resentment about Clinton carrying on with someone 'beneath' his
>office, or Monica for daring to snog someone 'above' her station."

>>monica's daddy was a doctor...clinton's mommy was a nurse...according to
>>the warped, but dominant standards, his office was higher, but so was
>>her origin...

That's as maybe, but he was a wealthy, powerful, middle aged, white lawyer. That trumps her being a young, Rubenesque (that is, not Holloywood/Vogue anorexic attractive), female, intern.

Her origins do 'beat' his though, which would count for something in the UK, but I suspect Hitch's neo-con sexual hang-ups fog his ability to see beyond the powerful white guy and the young intern fixation.

PC

N P Childs

'I'm Mister Bad Example, the stranger in the dirt, I like to have a good time and I don't care who gets hurt'.

-Mr. Bad Example, W Zevon