[lbo-talk] Camper Van Beethoven on Reagan

Stannard67 at aol.com Stannard67 at aol.com
Mon Jun 7 17:42:16 PDT 2004

Camper Van Beethoven's last album, "Key Lime Pie," featured an immortal song, "Sweethearts," complete with happy-go-lucky melody, faithful harmony, and a cheerful fiddle. It was an ode to Reagan during the final, awkward days of his presidency:

’cause he’s always living back in dixon Circa 1949 And we’re all sitting at the fountain, at the five and dime ’cause he’s living in some b-movie The lines they are so clearly drawn In black and white life is so easy And we’re all coming along on this one ’cause he’s on a secret mission Headquarters just radioed in He left his baby at the dancehall While the band plays on some sweet song And on a mission over china The lady opens up her arms The flowers bloom where you haved placed them And the lady smiles, just like mom Angels wings are icing over Mcdonnell-douglas olive drab They bear the names of our sweethearts And the captain smiles, as we crash ’cause in the mind of ronald reagan Wheels they turn and gears they grind Buildings collapse in slow motion And trains collide, everything is fine Everything is fine Everything is fine -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20040607/62d838d1/attachment.htm>