[lbo-talk] Greyhound sucks - and is privately owned

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Mon Jun 7 20:30:08 PDT 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: "Wojtek Sokolowski" <sokol at jhu.edu>

Below is a copy of my complaint against Greyhound I posted on:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/travel/greyhound.html

The reason I am posting it to this list is that if anyone hears people complaining about the poor quality of service of government-owned business (cf. Amtrak) - - you can trump that with the case of privately owned Greyhound that really sucks. It is probably one of the most poorly and unprofessionally run companies - public or private - in the US and arguably, in the developed countries.

Wojtek

Greyhound went to crap when the Smith family [Dixie Greyhound lines, the southern subsidiary] got their son, Fred --of FedEx fame and fortune-- to bust Greyhound's union as a condition of cashing in his inheritance in order to start up the company that went on to become a household name via a contract delivering documents etc. for the Federal Reserve and the State Dept. Fred --Yale Grad., Skull and Bones member--after having no problem killing plenty of Vietnamese while in the Marines, took to the task with relish.

There's nothing like cheapening the cost of labor power to improve customer service!

Ian