[lbo-talk] strap on the barf bag: DLC on RR

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 8 02:02:43 PDT 2004

Reagan's presidency also coincided with a critical phase in the Cold War, characterized by the internal moral, economic, and political rot of the Soviet bloc. Historians will long debate Reagan's precise contribution to the collapse of international communism, but his willingness to stand up to, and negotiate with, a dangerously shaky Soviet government undoubtedly helped to ensure the Cold War ended quickly, decisively, and peacefully.

---- People keep praising Reagan for bringing down the Soviet bloc. This doesn't make any sense to me. Even if it is true -- the US and USSR were practically allies in 1991! Bush I was AGAINST breaking up the "I will never call it an Evil Empire again" Soviet Union. What kind of lunatic celebrates the demise of Mikhail "George Bush is my good friend" Gorbachev? The whole thing is just nutso.