[lbo-talk] lost in translation...not translating?

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 8 06:58:11 PDT 2004

>Same here. Among the things I liked about the film was the almost
>total absence of a moral story and emotions (a signature of American
>literature and film) - just a slow progression of events devoid of any
>"deep meaning" - which created a nice sense of detachment and
>alienation. I guess that does not sail very well with most of the
>US-ers who love morality plays.
>
>Wojtek

In that case, you'll probably enjoy Andy Warhol's flick Empire (1964), a stationary shot of the Empire State Building that runs eight hours six minutes. It's as slow a progression of events devoid of any "deep meaning" as you can get.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Get fast, reliable Internet access with MSN 9 Dial-up – now 3 months FREE! http://join.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/