[lbo-talk] jobs

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Tue Jun 8 09:10:58 PDT 2004

The evidence is experiential - the cost of 1/2" CDX at Home Depot, the apparent increase in the shipping of basic components of reconstruction. None of this would be considered 'evidence' in the sense that you would find useful, although it forms a conceptual picture of economic activity for me and when it coincides with your statistical 'evidence' I'll feel more confident wrt it's accuracy.

I used 'reconstruction economy' to contrast to R.'s use of 'war economy' (the production of bullets, weapons, etc. that would disappear following the end of a state of war.)

Martin