[lbo-talk] Musical Tribute to the Reagan Era

Gregory Lipman gregory.l at mazdaace.co.jp
Tue Jun 8 18:39:17 PDT 2004

I imagine other shows have done this but this one is pretty comprehensive (It will only be up for a week.) Al Gitter has been doing a punk/HC fanzine since the early '80s. http://sonicoverload.moocowrecords.com/ JUNE 7, 2004

The Ronald Reagan memorial show?anticipated for a long time, since learning of the deterioration in the former President’s health. Well, the day is here and it was a bit trickier to pull together than anticipated?I’d like to thank folks from various message boards I frequent and some of my friends (Katie and Andy, in particular) for their suggestions/requests. Hope you find it memorable. I did mix in one non-topical set and a few other odds and ends, but the bulk of the material deals directly with Reagan’s policies and legacy. I make my feelings about the Reagan administration pretty clear through the song selection and comments just after the first song. An alternative perspective to the hagiography/deification currently being conducted by just about all of the mainstream print and broadcast media in this country. Media that I’ll be trying to avoid as much as possible this week.