[lbo-talk] jobs

dano dano at well.com
Tue Jun 8 18:50:30 PDT 2004

At 2:48 PM -0700 6/8/04, Jordan Hayes wrote:
> > and several other factors including outsourcing.
>
>Didn't I read recently that the US has had more "insourcing" of jobs
>(like BMW building cars in South Carolina) in the last N years than have
>been outsourced (like tele-support by Dell) ...?

fwiw, and a small data point...

Dell put its call centers into India, but after corporate IT departments complaints, the company brought its corporate tech support back to the US. The consumer support call centers remain in India afaik.

I don't have a link - just remember reading it in the trade press early this year.