[lbo-talk] Fw: Greg Palast: Bye-Bye Ronnie Reagan -- Killer, Coward, Conman

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Jun 9 06:34:43 PDT 2004

Chris Doss wrote:

> Whoever you vote for in November, the capitalists win.
>
> Chuck0
> ---
> I think that was true in Germany in 1932 too.

No one has demonstrated that there is any analogy between Germany 1932 and the u.s. 2004. In fact if you follow the arguments over the last few months, you will see that the ABB people themselves do not believe there is any analogy, for they are increasingly using arguments for Kerry that would apply equally to _any_ election. That is, the ABBs are increasingly using the same arguments that were used in every election for the past 40 years. So if we accept their argument this time, we will have to accept it into the indefinite future.

There may be good arguments for supporting Kerry. Justin believes there is an analogy; he made his argument and went on to other things. One other poster (who hasn't posted lately) has also made some good arguments off list for working to oppose Bush in local activity. But the ABBs who post regularly on this list have become less and less persuasive. Every time they talk about Surpreme Court appointments or slightly better NLRB decisions they reveal that they have no faith in their own position but have simply lost their nerve and are giving into the DP. They aren't arguing against a tyrant; they are arguing for Carter vs Ford. Pshaw!

Carrol