[lbo-talk] putting the V in vote

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Jun 10 06:17:14 PDT 2004

[from Gawker]

When Playwrights Attack: Eve Ensler's V-Day #

New York playwright Eve Ensler, author of "The Vagina Monologues," has sure ridden that vagina a long way. Now she's using the power of the vagina to appeal to women to chose which dick to vote for this year. Salon's Rebecca Traister describes Ensler's Monday night pro-pussy rally:

Ensler took the stage and thanked all the "fierce, incredible vagina warriors here tonight. I feel like we are about to take off in this big vagina plane." (I wondered briefly: If a vagina were a plane, where would the wings be?)

For the record, the story uses the word "vagina" 33 times, which must be some sort of record. We hope.

Vote your vagina! [Salon] <http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/2004/06/10/ensler/>