[lbo-talk] Canada (was Fw: Greg Palast: Bye-Bye Ronnie Reagan -- Killer, Coward, Conman

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Jun 10 08:03:42 PDT 2004

At 09:39 AM 6/9/2004, Doug Henwood wrote:

>Seymour Hersh said this in a talk at the University of Chicago last night:
>"If we get him for four more years, we deserve what we get....I haven't
>bought land in Canada yet, but I'm looking."
>
>Doug

Please, please, please pretty please huh huh huh?! Canadians. Australians. Please tell us how we can get the fuck outta dodge. I see Shrub winning this fall. Around here, people just shrug and say, "Iraq? So? Just a bunch of kids got out of hand. I'm sick and tired of the America bashing. Everyone wants us to grovel for forgiveness. Fuck'm. We need to stand proud, just like Raygun showed us!"

I don't see people predisposed to Shrub changing their minds. For them, four more years of Shrub is way better than four more years of Kerry. It's the fuck you "spite" vote mentioned in that article Carl sent. I also don't see marginal voters getting terribly fired up about Shrub, not enough to vote him out of office.

O Canada! Our home and native land! True patriot love in all thy sons command.

(heh)

Kelley

"We're in a fucking stagmire."

--Little Carmine, 'The Sopranos'