[lbo-talk] further meltdown?

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Thu Jun 10 10:49:31 PDT 2004

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004, Doug Henwood wrote:

> >So how reliable is Thompson and Capitol Hill Blue? What's their
> >background?
>
> Someone on my Yale '75 listserv says he's been following the pub for
> years and finds it highly reliable.

And come to think of it, they did recently break the news that Bush was hiring private counsel because of the Plame affair a day or two before anyone else:

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_4629.shtml

Which was news, and was accurate. But still, total (and to make it worse, group) anonymity inspires distrust, especially when they're the single source. Even Drudge isn't anonymous.

Michael