[lbo-talk] AP: "Country music radio full of pro-war songs"

westrich at nodimension.com westrich at nodimension.com
Thu Jun 10 11:45:45 PDT 2004

Personally, I don't think characterizing your enemy in *your* terms is a particularly funny (or effective) form of satire (for example, I think songs of people who attack my political ideals are usually unintentionally funny because they get the details all wrong).

If you were trying to get either the current country or the pro-America vibe right I am afraid you missed rather obviously. I read the thing and immediately thougth Jayce was an unsympatheic critic. So, I guess this will go over well amongst smug critics of USA.

FWIW, I am doing stand-up now (not much topical satire though) with some success in smarty parts of Boston. My dry and absurd musing did not play as well in Chicago recently.

Jim

"Late in his career, skills fading, William Tell hit the archery exhibition circuit promoting his salad shooter."

--Joke 5 in my current set