[lbo-talk] Re: LBO List a Dark Corner on the Internet?

Simon Huxtable jetfromgladiators at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 11 02:32:31 PDT 2004

> From: Chuck0
> Isn't the British press supposed to be better than
> the American version?
> Did this reporter do any actual research or did he
> just pull this
> nonsense out of his chips? I know about numerous
> "Reagan is Dead"
> parties that were held last weekend bu people who
> don't know the URL to
> the "dark side of the Internet."

When it comes to writing about foreign countries, anything will do so long as it's got some local 'flavour' and an angle. They pretty much pluck this shit out of the sky.

"When it came to militarism, Reagan talked tough, but Grenada was his only hot war; Bush has soldiers scattered across the Muslim world." - is this what others have said or his opinion?

The content of these pieces is always what the correspondent has seen in the last few days from walking around and looking out of his/her window, followed - if you're lucky - by a concluding paragraph that reaches for the supreme significance of it all. Basically, these people are paid to sit around and write about their lives. I don't think they even read books.

Simon