[lbo-talk] death in the USSR

SergioL652 at aol.com SergioL652 at aol.com
Fri Jun 11 08:44:01 PDT 2004

In a message dated 6/11/2004 9:08:42 AM Eastern Standard Time, dhenwood at panix.com writes: Chris Dos - or anyone with some knowledge of this - could you ask some Soviet old-timers what it was like when Brezhnev died? Was there a week of force-fed mourning and hysterical canonization in every newspaper and broadcast outlet? Or are our nominally "private" and "free" media doing better work than the state media in a one-party state ever did?

Doug Hey, I am not complaining. I got the day off!

Sergio -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20040611/0983b9ab/attachment.htm>