[lbo-talk] Why do people vote against their interests? P.J.O'Rourke explains

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Jun 11 09:48:29 PDT 2004

Another way of grasping this is that if left supporters of the DP (not the DP, which will oppose or sabotage this) concentrated on getting out the vote among people who already favor the DP, it wouldn't be necessary to switch any votes from the RP. In electoral pseudo-politics as well as in politics, rallying and activating one's friends must be at the core of political work.

Carrol