[lbo-talk] Canada (was Fw: Greg Palast: Bye-Bye Ronnie Reagan)

dano dano at well.com
Sat Jun 12 07:42:07 PDT 2004

At 11:03 AM -0400 6/10/04, snit snat wrote:
>At 09:39 AM 6/9/2004, Doug Henwood wrote:
>
>>Seymour Hersh said this in a talk at the University of Chicago last
>>night: "If we get him for four more years, we deserve what we
>>get....I haven't bought land in Canada yet, but I'm looking."
>>
>>Doug
>

>Please, please, please pretty please huh huh huh?! Canadians.
>Australians. Please tell us how we can get the fuck outta dodge. I
>see Shrub winning this fall.

Very curious if other people have had thoughts of leaving for another country - either serious considerations or just musing about whether they might have to - due to circumstances imposed by a second round of Bushcroft?

I realize that this meme may sound to some (many?) like some sort of apocalyptic thought pattern, but we in California have had to think about cataclysms before (earthquakes) so thinking about means and methods of evacuation due to dramatic circumstances is not an exercise in whacko theories for us. (Do you have your earthquake kit in the trunk of your car yet?)