[lbo-talk] Rush losing third wife

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Jun 12 10:19:02 PDT 2004

New York Post [Page Six] - June 12, 2004

WIFE DUMPS BLOWHARD RUSH

RUSH Limbaugh put out a statement yesterday that he and his third wife, Marta, had separated - but only after PAGE SIX called to confirm what we'd learned exclusively. Sources in Palm Beach say Marta dumped the burly blowhard and vacated the couple's home on North Ocean Boulevard. The two are quietly working out a divorce agreement. Limbaugh met Marta on the Internet and they married in 1994. Since then, Marta has seen Limbaugh through ballooning weight gains, deafness (a cochlear implant in 2002 restored 80 percent of his hearing), his prescription pill addiction, rehab and a police investigation. Signs of trouble first came last year in November when one pal of Limbaugh said: "Marta didn't go visit him [at the in-patient treatment center] once until the very end. It was odd." Insiders say there is probably a pre-nup, but Marta may get more as she "knows where all of his skeletons are. That's why there are these . . . discussions." Let this be a warning to other journalists: If you have a scoop, don't call Limbaugh's rep, Tony Knight of Sitrick & Co. Knight, who after confirming our story, added: "We will put out a release."