[lbo-talk] Re: Ray Charles RIP

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Sat Jun 12 16:04:34 PDT 2004

On Saturday, June 12, 2004, at 05:29 PM, Dennis Perrin wrote:

> So it does. And even though Charles played the '84 GOP convention

Are you sure? I was there (outside, not inside), and I remember the Beach Boys playing (and Brian Wilson being picked up inside the convention hall with pockets full of pills), and I think James Brown, but I don't remember Ray Charles. Oh, and the Dead Kennedys, but they were outside with the rest of us--one of the greatest performances I've seen.

It's hard to imagine Randy Newman without Ray Charles,

John A