[lbo-talk] help Splinter Group Productions lampoon Bush

Stannard67 at aol.com Stannard67 at aol.com
Sat Jun 12 22:01:32 PDT 2004

>From a friend of this production group...
The show website is under way; until it’s up and running, you can make a donation by going to this link: https://www.fracturedatlas.org/site/contribute/donate/278

The show’s website is: http://kingmacbush.com/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------- Dear Friends:

Your help is urgently needed. I’m not normally one to solicit donations, but I really feel like this is important.

I’m working on a play right now, and we need your help to raise money. We’re not talking huge amounts of money, any amount helps -- $5 here, $10 there really adds up. That’s not to say that you shouldn’t give much much more if you can, especially since whatever money you give will be completely tax-deductible.

The play is set to open the week before the Republican National Convention here in New York, and run through Election Night. It’s a satire using some of Shakespeare’s plays as a backbone to examine today’s political situation. It should be a lot of fun, and more importantly, we want to use the arts to create a dialogue about the convention, this year’s election, and ultimately the Bush Administration. One of the motivations for doing this play came from the lack of public response, specifically within the arts, to everything that’s going on. As this is such a significant year, it seemed like a great opportunity to put something like this up.

Here is a brief description of what the show is about, to arouse your interests (hopefully!): "King MacBush II: A Shakespearean Tragedy of War, Greed and Strategerie" is a raucous political satire which adapts and twists the classic tales of several of Shakespeare's kings to skewer today's political leaders. Boldly theatrical and wickedly funny, "King MacBush II" encapsulates the horror and the damage caused by our country's ruling political dynasty. The play attempts to engender a stronger public dialogue about the events leading up to, and including, this year's presidential election. The show will be presented at the American Theatre of Actors, 314 West 54th Street, beginning August 25th.

The show website is under way; until it’s up and running, you can make a donation by going to this link: https://www.fracturedatlas.org/site/contribute/donate/278

The show’s website is: http://kingmacbush.com/ You can check there for updates and such.

Please, help us reach our goal of $10,000 IN TEN DAYS!! Also, please forward this to anyone you think might want to help!

Thank you, in advance.

Best, Sara

Splinter Group Productions, LLC 1501 Broadway, Ste. #2102 New York, NY 10036 917-568-1002 -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20040613/ed4adeca/attachment.htm>