[lbo-talk] Re: Ray Charles RIP

J Cullen jcullen at austin.rr.com
Sun Jun 13 08:22:50 PDT 2004

I think the GOP gig was just a gig. I don't begrudge him the payday, even if it involved Reagan coming out and hugging him in a photo op that showed that Republicans really like black folks. I don't remember him doing any partisan work for the GOP but I did hear that he was active in the civil rights movement. Let's just hope some worthy cause got a tithe out of that CREEP check.

-- Jim Cullen