[lbo-talk] Republicans are behind the effort to censor Fahrenheit 9/11

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 13 11:08:57 PDT 2004

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 12:23:21 -0400, Thomas Wheeler <letcab at comcast.net> wrote:

Kurt Nimmo cited WhatReallyHappened.com

Michael Rivero website. 99.999999999999999999999999999999999 % crapola.

Ron Rosenbaum new anthology, "Those Who Forget the Past: The Question of Anti-Semitism, " in his long introduction deals w/ Rivero. Cites this blog, http://www.sicmuse.com/weblog/ Anthology has pieces from neo-con Right to Left (Edward Said, Judith Butler.)

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/sgmm.html Re: Nimmo, http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon- 20040105/000421.html >...Kurt Nimmo defends Amiri Baraka's terrible 9/11 poem, with its passage asking "Who told 4000 Israeli workers at the Twin Towers/To stay home that day /Why did Sharon stay away?" More Baraka BS, http://squawk.ca/lbo- talk/0210/0549.html
> ....We want poems
like fists beating n-words out of Jocks or dagger poems in the slimy bellies of the owner-jews...

...Roywilkins is an eternal faggot His spirit is a faggot his projection and image, this is to say, that if i ever see roywilkins on the sidewalks imonna stick half my sandal up his ass

...Smile, jew. Dance, jew. Tell me you love me, jew. I got something for you now though. I got something for you, like you dig, I got. I got this thing, goes pulsating through black everything universal meaning. I got the extermination blues, jewboys. I got the hitler syndrome figured.

From the TNR review by Jerry Gafio Watts, "More than for any single work or movement, though, Baraka is remembered for his inexhaustible and unmatched passion for berating Whitey. When Michael Schwerner and Andrew Goodman were killed along with James Chaney in Mississippi, Jones remarked that "those white boys were only seeking to assuage their own leaking consciences." By contrast, Malcolm X--not exactly a racial moderate-- observed about the murders that "I've come to the conclusion that anyone who will fight not for us but with us is my brother." When a white college student tracked Malcolm down in Harlem and asked what she could do to help blacks, he answered, "Nothing"; but this harsh (and wildly untrue) comment pales in contrast to Baraka's suggestion: "A woman asked me in all earnestness, couldn't any whites help? I said, 'You can help by dying. You are a cancer. You can help the world's people with your death.'"

-- Michael Pugliese