[lbo-talk] W = the antichrist?

DeborahSRogers debburz at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 14 10:44:16 PDT 2004

> WASHINGTON DC -- According to freelance journalist Wayne Madsden,
> "George W Bush's blood lust, his repeated commitment to Christian
> beliefs and his constant references to 'evil doers,' in the eyes of
>
> many devout Catholic leaders, bear all the hallmarks of the one
> warned about in the Book of Revelations--the anti-Christ."

Actually... I imagine the Vatican *is* a bit concerned.

I forget the exact details, but under the scenario, it starts with Reagan. Yes, we all know that Ronald Wilson Reagan has 6 letters in each name, or 666, the mark of the beast. But Nancy was well aware of that, too, and when one of their residences in California had the infamous address of 666 whatever-street-it-was, she had Ronnie and Company protest to have it changed, and it was. An acquaintance of mine used to work with Carroll Righter, the astrologer. back when Righter did the monthly astrological charts for the Reagans (Quigley only did the aspects), and his remembrance was that Nancy was extremely fearful of the 666 combination, even though she was not what one would call an evangelical believer at all.

I ran into one of my old retired (closet liberal) theology profs from the Southern Baptist undergrad school I attended (don't ask) as a youth, and he was chuckling over how the Vatican must be going nuts right now with Bush and the correlations to Reagan and, ultimately, the whole second coming drama. I'm a little rusty on this, and don't remember all the details of our convo, but I think he said the beast was considered the source or would spawn, ultimately the anti-christ. As Bush has drawn greatly from former Reagan admin types and professes to come from the same cloth, himself, this feeds the myth.

What then tops off the concern by the Catholics, then, would be that Bush is so embraced by the religious conservatives of the U.S. Stated over and over in the texts (and drummed into the hearts and minds of christians all over) is the message that they will not know the anti-christ as being such, and it is intimated that the best of the best will be fooled by someone who appears to be a christian. Again, Bush and his following of evangelicals has got to be giving the papal ring at least a quiver. And as my ol' prof giggled, he pointed out that if all of this is actually true, then the joke is on the religious conservatives, sucker-punched by their own intolerance and vanity.

Anyhoo, I think the Vatican is probably beside themselves over Shrub as it is, and this possible fear that the pope has may be the one thing that has kept him alive this long...or else will send him feet up any day now.

- Deborah

===== " How come people always flip and think they're Jesus? Why not Buddha? Particularly in America, where more people resemble Buddha than Jesus. 'Ah'm BUDDHA!' 'You're Bubba!' 'Ah'm Buddha now..All I gotta do is change 3 letters on ma belt...' " - Bill Hicks