[lbo-talk] W = the antichrist?

Chris Brooke chris.brooke at magdalen.oxford.ac.uk
Mon Jun 14 23:04:48 PDT 2004

On 15/6/04 1:01 am, "Doug Henwood" <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> I have to dig out Revelations (or Apocalpyse, as the Catholics say)
> later but I thought the Antichrist was supposed to be seductive, not
> some Satanic-seeming figure. Anyone here up on the Antichrist?

Not really. But I remember Cardinal Archibishop Giacomo Biffi of Bologna making an intervention on the subject a few years ago:

*** Cardinal Giacomo Biffi, 71, said that the modern Antichrist, identified in the Book of Revelation as a seven-headed beast, was most likely now disguised as a philanthropist supporting creeds like vegetarianism, animal rights or pacifism, or advocating dialogue with Orthodox or Anglican believers. ***

Chris