[lbo-talk] What's the matter with Kansas?

Curtiss Leung curtiss_leung at ibi.com
Wed Jun 16 12:24:53 PDT 2004

A month or so back, Harpers ran a long essay by Tom Frank that I imagine is part of his new book. Unless that essay was a bizarre, unrepresentative sample of the book, I'd say the reviewer for the Globe is just being a complete tool--notice there's no discussion of *what* or *how* Tom Frank has insulted Kansans in the review. And to put him in the same category as David Brooks-- the mind reels.

If I had a bird, I wouldn't even line it's cage with this crap.

<http://www.boston.com/news/globe/ideas/articles/2004/06/13/class_clowns ?pg=full>