[lbo-talk] nobody expects the [Spanish] Inquisition!

paul childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 17 09:36:54 PDT 2004

> For centuries people were burned at the stake, stretched to death or
> otherwise tortured for failing to be Roman Catholic. But, if research
> released by the Vatican is right, the Inquisition was not as bad as one
> might think.

>And see? According to "research released by the White House," things are
>vastly overblown today as well. History repeats itself.

Indeed, suppose this is what da Pope and El Duce-Lite talked about in Rome a week or so ago;

'Man, I know *just* what you mean....a couple of bad guys get a rough ride from some noble people trying to do the right thing and before ya' know it, the media are all over your case. Abuse this, torture that, violation of this freakin' international law or another......<sigh>........sometimes I don't know why I bother putting the effort in when no one appreciates it. Pass the nachos will ya Karl?'

PC

N P Childs

'I'm Mister Bad Example, the stranger in the dirt, I like to have a good time and I don't care who gets hurt'.

-Mr. Bad Example, W Zevon