[lbo-talk] Re: Is Berlet Combat Ready?

R rhisiart at charter.net
Fri Jun 18 17:22:39 PDT 2004

golly, it's gratifying watching the left shoot itself in the foot, just like the Lakers.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carrol Cox" <cbcox at ilstu.edu> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Friday, June 18, 2004 3:23 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Re: Is Berlet Combat Ready?

Joseph Wanzala wrote:

> ahem, er Doug, you yourself have asked me the question 'who side are you
> on?'

Joseph, a few months ago when you posted on some of your actual organizing activities, you caught my interest and admiration.

But it is becoming pretty clear that as much as you want to struggle against u.s. imperialism, you are in fact giving it far more aid by these nearly lunatic ravings than you could ever counterbalance by your organizing activities.

Can't you understand that even if some of your idiocies were _true_, raving about them does _not_ build opposition to the ruling class (or Bush) but merely has the effect of setting those who should be allies against each other. There is much that you and I share in common, but that only makes this vicious and wholly wrong-headed conspiracism of yours much more painful and disheartening, as I see it poisoning your efforts to struggle. It saddens me so that I'll just have to stop reading you.

So long to a person I wish I could call Comrade.

Carrol