[lbo-talk] i'll just bet

R rhisiart at charter.net
Fri Jun 18 17:27:09 PDT 2004

wouldn't a guy this smart have a back up? ;-) and don't tell me hillary was upset about anything but the fact he was caught; she's not stupid either.

wild bill is one gigantic snake oil salesman

Book: Clinton Had to Sleep on the Couch By HILLEL ITALIE Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK (AP) - Bill Clinton says in his new autobiography that his wife looked as if he had punched her in the gut when he finally confessed to his affair with Monica Lewinsky, and he spent at least two months sleeping on the couch after that.

In "My Life," a copy of which was obtained by The Associated Press, the former president said the affair with the White House intern revealed "the darkest part of my inner life." He said the sexual relationship was immoral and foolish.

He said that after he confessed to his wife, Hillary Rodham Clinton, and daughter Chelsea, he and his wife began counseling one day a week for about a year.

He said he came to learn that his upbringing had made certain things more difficult for him than for other people, and that he was particularly prone to self-destructive behavior when he was tired, angry or feeling alone.

Clinton's book comes out Tuesday.

2004-06-18 16:48:32 GMT